Many people forget that the first impression comes from the garden. Here are some ideas and tips to help sell your home, as well as make your garden a more enjoyable place to be.
1. Decluttering the garden can add value. Always start with tidying and give your lawn a fresh mow and tidy up any weather damage before a viewing.
2. Add some seasonal colour, like plant pots filled with flowers. This will add perceived value.
3. Start in the front garden, because this is where your potential buyer will start. The first impression counts.
4. Add a key selling point, like a summer house, play park or a jacuzzi if you want to turn your garden into a fantastic reason to buy the house. This requires major investment, but it could secure your sale.
5. If you’re looking to spend less, don’t underestimate the impact of a coat of paint on fences and sheds.
6. Style your garden with furniture. You wouldn’t show a room to a potential buyer without any furniture in it, so why show a garden without a table and chairs on the decking or patio?
7. If your home is overlooked, it’s a good idea to give the idea of privacy to the garden. If it isn’t too expensive, add hedges or trees in key spots.
At Seymours, our friendly team of property professionals are on hand to help you sell your home. Contact us or visit one of our local branches to discuss your property needs.
To read the full article, please visit Guild Property.